MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS «BULLETIN OF KNUTD»
The Editorial Board of the journal «Bulletin of the Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design» (Technical Sciences) accepts for consideration articles based on authors’ original research materials and scientific and technological developments. The submitted articles are reviewed by the Editorial Board of the journal «Bulletin of KNUTD, Technical Sciences». Under a favourable response the articles are approved for publication.
Manuscript submission guidelines
For publication the authors submit:
- The article manuscript along with abstracts in Ukrainian and an extended English summary (a printed document from an electronic version of the article (file), signed by the authors, in 2 (two) copies. One copy is passed for editorial correction and peer-review.
- An electronic version of the article followed by the abstracts in Ukrainian and English to be placed at the end of the text must be submitted (files on CDs or CD-RWs are accepted). The file title format is the following (in Latin characters): Last Name (of the author in English), g.: Stat.Karpenko_Stat
- The electronic file and the printed copy of full author’s (authors’) data must be submitted both in Ukrainian and English. The photo of the author (authors) is obligatory, 3х4 size, in jpg format. The information file format is the following (in Latin characters): Last Name (of the author in English), e.g.: Karpenko_ Inform_engl.
- The original of the payment document confirming payment for the publication. Payment is made after the article has been reviewed and accepted for publication.
- The statement signed by the authors confirming that the submitted article was not submitted to other journals, not published previously.
Data submission algorithm for authors:
Articles structure and format requirements:
- full author’s (co-authors’) data: full name (no initials or shorten forms; academic degree, academic or/and other honorary titles; exact place of work and position (full name of the university, department or other organizational unit — avoid acronyms); office and home address along with postal codes; email address (personal, not corporate one); telephone numbers (office, home and mobile); key research interests;
- abstract in three languages (Ukrainian, Russian and English); keywords (phrases) in three languages (Ukrainian, Russian and English) — 5-8 items (not from the title);
Abstract (up to 250 words) should follow the structure below:
Introduction and research objective. You should clearly provide the rationale for the study based on previous research related to the issue under consideration. This section should be resumed with a statement of a specific issue to be addressed to or a hypothesis set.
Then the research objective is to be specified.
Research methods: you should list the methods used (omitting the methodological details) and identify the most important ones.
Results: you should briefly list the key results providing only basic statistics data in the parentheses. No conclusions here.
Conclusions: please provide concluding remarks as clearly as possible. You can present key research findings and / or specific recommendations for further research.
- the structure of the article: problem statement (related to critical research and applied issues); recent research and publications analysis; unresolved issues; research objective; key research findings and their rationale; conclusions and prospects for further research;
- all structural sections across the text must be in bold;
- all statistics data must be supported with references to sources;
- all quotes must refer to the sources;
- links to textbooks and non-academic literature are unwelcome;
- references to own publications are not welcome and shall be allowed only in exceptional cases;
- when referring to the name of a scientist in the literature review or further in the text the name of the scientist and the publication title must be included in the general list of references at the end of the article;
- citing from secondary sources is not allowed! If you quote Adam Smith – the reference should be to Smith’s, not the author who read Smith ;
- interval: 1,15; font size: 12 pt. Margins: left, right, top, bottom – 20 mm each. Only Microsoft Word documents in doc, docx. Font: Times New Roman. All non-text objects must be constructed by means of Microsoft Word (Microsoft Excel Chart, Microsoft Equation). Please, note that the journal is black-and-white in print, so all colours will be different shades of grey only;
- in the formulas – only the most common symbols from the standard set;
- each table and formula must be numbered and titled;
- all figures and graphical materials must be numbered and titled, having an exact indication of the authorship (either author’s own — or the reference);
- list of references: no less than 10 sources, in the original language, presented according to DSTU 8302:2015. The references across the text — in square brackets. Please, note that separately you must also provide the list of references (References) in Latin transliteration according to the following standards:
Transliteration from Ukrainian —
Transliteration from Russian-
The Editors reserve the right to make minor changes and modifications while retaining the major conclusions and the author’s style.
PLEASE NOTE: THE ARTICLES THAT DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIED ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Once the final approval on publication has been made, the Editorial Board communicates its decision to the author (s) by phone or email.